July 22, 2007

came along wasted and other objects



the unbearable lightness of being, even cats could feel it. 'life,' she says, 'when would it get bigger than a bowl of cat food?'



intimacy, into your hair, along your skin, interupts your senses.
what can i offer you?

when I'm at work, I know so clearly what I can give and what I deserve, my 'market value' that gives me my place in the profession. When I'm with my friends, I know what I should give and I'll give it all, my care my humour and my thoughts. but to a relationship, I really don't know. ask for everything, ask for nothing, if it's just warmth you need, you should discard me when daylight strikes the window. if it's sense and sensibility, I'm your horn of plenty, you should take but you find it awkward.

maybe i'm just shy and empty. I do not want to talk because of silence. Silence is calm and you start to listen only when silence is. why do we have to fill the gaps? they are beautiful that way. do you not agree? no you didn't.

cannot wait to see you again, we'll get pissed, we'll bump into a lightpole, sing into the night, where is your bag? come dance with me, hold my hands. Adrian. i'll see you again.

sidetrack, here's a very very very beautiful man,


music review: Apologies to Queen Mary_ WOLF PARADE


it's not easy to find songs with beautiful lyrics. either they are cliches about boys and girls, shaking ass and penises too small; or pseudo- saviour lyrics talking about saving the world and all the unfairness, so pretentious you start wondering what they'd do with the money they earn. Wolf Parade is different, well composed lyrics within a span of 12 distinctive songs. The album doesn't seem to come together neatly, as each song seem so individual and alien from the rest, which makes the whole album full of surprises. Song about hatred towards modern world, love of radio, the town, ghost from trees leading to a new world, it's errie, thoughtful and downright exciting. Music and mixing are a bit conventional, but the bassline does give out surprises once in a while. buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home