December 15, 2006

research- chain reaction



it woke me up at 5 in the morning. I opened my eyes and saw a sulphuric hue lingering outside my curtain. I sat up, lightly pulling the curtain and that was what i saw. That very morning, the atmosphere woke me. I was struck, this malancholic beauty that seemed to only have happened in THE DOUBLE LIFE OF VERONIQUE,and took my camera. I remember that once you hesitate, the moment's gone. it's a cliche, but true.

have been doing so many things lately. Have been doing nothing lately. They are not empty words, neither are they meaningless.
have been working on a series of researches.



The UNIT 9 research on materiality and their relationship to manipulate micro-environment within a small habitational plot. The further study of this branch now links to finding the right wood veneer, lamination and production process, as well as the relationship with the environmental and spatial manipulation.



a movie reseach, that links from MARIE ANTOINETTE, locating all the people in the movie and the music they used. the further study of this branch now links to THE STROKES, an amazingly chrispy NY band of 5, doing ingenious music just like Franz Ferdinard, but with less class. 1 song struck me particularly, WHAT EVER HAPPENS.



2nd career research. made some friends who have connections with FILM PRODUCTION STUDIOS and MUSIC LABELS. obviously this is a good chance to learn more from them, and possibly, do something with them. The further study of this branch now links to deeveloping a new script for the protential upcoming short film, and reorganizing my CV to meet the needs of these new people, telling them I'VE GOT LOADS TO OFFER. Some more research on setting connections with festival management in Taiwan/HK/CHINA, 89268? So exciting.

CHAIN REACTION. The ripple effect of knowledge is so intriguing, so is the effect of knowing people. it sounds like EACH TIME I MAKE AN EFFORT THERE WOULD BE A NEW WAY. This is a very optimistic thing to say, and it's so not me. It's true. I brought a friend to LEVI'S looking for a new pair of jeans to replace my torn ones (you wouldn't wanna know where I torn it :P) and he would recommend me TK Maxx, where he got a new deisel jeans for £50. OMG!

BTW1, my christmas wishlist:
NEW PAIR OF JEANS/ EXTREMELY FIT TROUSES LIKE THAT GUY I SAW ON THE TRAIN (i should tell this story some other time...) actually i'm looking for another pair of DIESEL ZATHAN, but they are too expensive here... sigh
a good longlasting slim waist trench coat. I am sometimes very tempted to become a brit gentleman.
some love messages from friends. Got a CD and a little envolop from my best friend. I WAS SQUEEZING THE ENVOLOP ALL THE WAY TO SCHOOL, ALMOST CRIED. CHERYL I MISS YOU SO MUCH.
this acadamic year ends bright and shine. MICHAEL HENSEL IS VERY CRITICAL, ALMOST A JERK. but his sharpness and seriousness in research and studies is very much what I need. I'll take this bitter medcine with acceptance and joy, and it's better for my education. WE ALL KNOW WE DESERVE WHAT WE GIVE. At least we receive guiltless when we produce.

BTW2, just been to the james morrison concert. HE IS TOTALLY NOT WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. not handsome, coarse voice, not charistmatic at all, and singing on stage as if he's working. THE WORST PART IS THAT HE AND HIS BAND ARE ALL LATE, and the audience almost threw the stage over until he showed up. that didn't ruined the night, and they are really accommodating, clapping and cheering as if they'd never heard pop songs before. GOOD FOR THEM. got some pics on the mobile, too bad can't put them on my mac.

1 Comments:

Blogger 青稞 said...

nice shot!

5:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home